Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Discipleship Dare Day #7 – Everything Teaches

Am I fit for service? Do I look back and take my hand off the plow? These are questions I have to give an account not only to God for, but to my peers. The way I serve God is teaching others how to serve God. Modeling is one of the most powerful teaching tools.

The reality is that everything teaches not only our words, but our ways. If Jesus did not put his foot down and rebuke anyone who takes their hands off the plow and looks back, then Christianity would not be taken serious. Jesus took Christianity so serious that he died for it, how about you?

Am I living the life of a follower of Christ that people take serious? Do they act like me? Or do they disregard the Gospel because of the way I live out my faith? Do other believers waver in their faith as a result of my wavering? If you want to be taken serious, then do not waver in your faith. Do not take your hand off the plow or look backward. There is no excuse. Just because everyone else is doing it does not cut it.

We never know when someone is going to model the behavior they observes us participate in.

No comments:

Post a Comment