Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Discipleship Dare Day #26 - Love Until It Hurts

What a great picture of love--the relationship between God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. This relationship is a model for relationship with people. At the center of God's relationship with each other is life-giving love. Each person in the Godhead feeds off the other. They make each other better as a result of their relationship to one another.

Am I making the people around me better? Am I making a sacrifice that costs me something for the people I am in community with? How about you?

A sacrifice is not a sacrifice unless it costs you something. I want to live a life of making great sacrifice for the people around me to help them be better. I want to help singers sing, parents parent, employees work, counselors counsel and on. I want to meet people where they are at in life and help them do their best. I am paying for opportunities to make the world around me better. How about you?

The world will not change for the better unless we make sacrifices for the right reasons. What can you sacrifice for someone to help make their life better, help make them succeed and prosper? Figure that out and do it a 100 times and watch the world change around you. I am going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment