Friday, January 15, 2010

The Discipleship Dare Day #15 - Entering into Pain

Is my life consumed with helping others or is it consumed with helping myself? That is the dilemma I face each day. It's easier for it to be consumed with myself, then to enter into the pain of others. Entering into the pain of others takes time. It can get messy. And its hard to see success right away.

I have learned a great lesson by studying the life of Jesus. He was not consumed with himself, but with relieving the pain of others. He was famous for showing mercy. What am I famous for? What are you famous for? Few things amount to the greatness of living like Jesus in this particular area. Jesus changed the world on act of mercy at a time.

If I were to die today, I hope I would be remembered for going the extra mile for people. What do you want to be remembered for? Whatever it is don't live another day without doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment