Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Discipleship Dare Day #3 - Sacrificial Evangelism

Sacrificing for the benefit of someone else is hard work. I tend to make sacrifices for myself more than for others. I am getting better, but I am a long way from perfect. Jesus' life speaks volumes to me on how to live for the benefit of others, not myself. How about you?

I have to confess sacrifice hurts sometimes. It hurts my wallet, it hurts my schedule, it hurts my time with my wife, its touches everything in some way, share and form, but isn't that the point. For a sacrifice to mean something, it must cost you something. I am learning to sacrifice for the right reasons in the right ways.

I am committed to letting my sacrifice witness to the communities I am part of. The more I learn to sacrifice, the greater my testimony as a follower of Christ becomes. Some of the best evangelism (sharing your faith) is connected with sacrifice. The greater the sacrifice the louder the story of Jesus sounds to the culture.

"Lord, scream as loud as you can through my life."

Check out the "The Discipleship Dare" @ http://www.thediscipleshipdare.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment