Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Discipleship Dare Day #23 - Executive Rights

The greatest power is made available to followers of Christ that reproduce the life of Jesus in others. There is no power more permanent, consistent and able to change the world than the power God imparted to Jesus. Because Jesus has executive rights, he lent this power to the disciple making community.

I am not sure I get this. I understand it, but I don't maximize and leverage it in the relationships I am investing my life in most of the time. I like to hope I am more but the reality is I am not as much as I should be.

This power allows us to have faith not fear when we invite others into disciple making relationships. This includes inviting our friends and family to church. Church is an important part of a discipling relationship. It's not the only part.

"Lord, I pray for grace to overshadow me as I leverage your executive rights and invite someone into a disciple making relationship. If that's inviting them to church, keeping them accountable or whatever else. I pray for you to guide me into a relationship."

Check Spelling

No comments:

Post a Comment