Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Discipleship Dare Day #6 – Care First

It's not rocket science. Following God is not about earning credentials but caring for people. It's my greatest joy to care for people. If caring for people were first on to do list each day, the world would not be as hurt and broken.

I find it easier to care for myself then others. Society is often care free. Everyone relies on the system or insurance companies or whatever to care for their needs, not people. If I can do one thing before I die, its to raise the caring bar in the world.

Even though caring for people can get messy or costly, it's the responsibility of every follower of Christ. My prayer is that I can care for as many people as possible before I die.

"Lord, help me make a dent in someones eternity on earth as I care for them. Lead me not only into easy situations but hard ones. And give me the grace to be like you."

No comments:

Post a Comment