Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Discipleship Dare Day #5 – Love is a Discipline

This is one of the hardest sayings of Jesus for me. It’s not natural to love God first. It’s easy for me to pledge my allegiance to everything and anything else other than God.

Putting God first is a discipline. It takes practice, practice, and more practice. I fail at times and other times I succeed. But failure is a friend. Someone said, “The fastest way to success is to fail forward fast.” Isn’t that true? I often learn the most life changing lessons from failure.

I love God more today because of the mistakes I made loving others and other things. Loving God first is part of my daily schedule. It’s not my last thing to do in a day, but the first. One time I was praying and I felt God said, “You have not done anything until you have loved me in any given day.” Make it a practice to love God first and let the chips fall where they do. It’s my life aim to love God. One theologian said it well, “Love God and do as you please.”

No comments:

Post a Comment