Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Discipleship Dare Day #28 - It's Up to God!

I am not sure exactly how wavering unbelievers turn into committed followers of Christ. All I know is that God is the main ingredient in the process. We are like the unnecessary additive. He's the one that leads unrepentant sinners to relationships with followers of Christ. He is the one that changes untrained pagans to fully devoted followers of Christ. It amazes me when I think through the process and its stresses me when I try to force it. But it blesses me when I allow God to work his magic.

The process itself has taught me how much more of God I need. It's his presence that He promises that makes all the difference as I walk with others into a relationship with God. I need his presence to show me what to say, when to say and how to say it as much as the person on the other end needs his presence to receive what I am saying, and live it out. It's up to God and God alone to turn a sinner into a saint. I am hope my life helps others fit the pieces of the puzzle together in such a way when they see it all together. It's God they see, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment