Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Discipleship Dare Day #16 - By the Rules

Integrity of heart is one of my life goals. If I fail at something, I prefer to fail in my career as a writer or speaker first then in my integrity as a follower of Christ and faithful husband.

I believe that God has designed His people to be "Integrity Evangelists" for his way of life. The problem is that His people have failed to live up to high moral standards. This has led to the distribution of a brand of Christianity that does not line up with Jesus' life. His way of life is the abuntant life. No one has really lived until they experience God's way of life. But how come many people are not interested in a lifestyle he died for?

One of the reasons is a lack of integrity in culture by people that call themselves Christians. Integrity is the bi-product of following God's rule for life. I prefer to live by the rules then to play the fence. When living by the rules, the gray areas are minimum. Life by the rules will prevent failures. I am commited to finishing the race without failure. I am committed to living the life of integrity, regardless how counter-cultural it might be.

The stakes are too high to lose the integrity battle. Would you partner with me as I wage war on a culture that lacks integrity? Make it your life goal as it is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment