Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Discipleship Dare Day #12 - Keep Your Cool

Of all of the characteristics of a followers of Christ, I have to admit I struggle with this one of the most--meekness. I am not naturally gentle. It takes a lot of work for me to demonstrate gentleness when I feel like exerting power. It is hard for me to give up my right to be right. I am not sure how Jesus kept his mouth shut all of those times he was getting the full court press from the religious leaders of those days. But he kept his cool.

Keeping your cool often wins the argument. I prefer to lose a disagreement but not lose my cool than to win the argument but lose my cool. I do not want to force anything that God has not ordained for me to possess. I want him to pay out my inheritance not me take it by force. If I have to take it, then it most likely will not have the blessing and favor of God.

The inheritance I tend to force is God's future plans for my life and family. I know what he wants me to do yet the timing is always not clear. My prayer is that I exercise control with others and wait on the Lord's timing as I pursue his plans for my life.

Have you given up the right to be right? Are you waiting for God to give you your inheritance or are you taking it by force?

Keep your cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment