Friday, January 1, 2010

The Discipleship Dare Day #1 - Be Ordinary Not a Superhero

God did not choose "Super Heroes" to change the world, but fishermen. He could have choose a Batman or Superman type, but He choose the union carpenters of the ancient world to lead an international movement that still influences the world today.

I am an ordinary fisherman like Jesus' first disciples. There is nothing special about me apart from God's calling on my life to dare others to follow him with reckless abandonment. That's it.

Like the first disciples, I did not make the cut. I lived a life of the second string. I was the plan B. I was addicted to drugs, alcohol, stealing, among others things yet God hand selected me to be on his team for life. The Bible teaches that God chooses the foolishness to dumbfound the wise. He chooses the weak to challenge the strong. This I am thankful for.

I am committed to living an ordinary life like the first disciples. What I have discovered is God does his best work through ordinary people, not super heroes. God does extraordinary things through ordinary people. That's my saving grace Is it yours?

Jess Bousa, author of The Discipleship Dare

No comments:

Post a Comment