Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Discipleship Dare Day #20 - Invisible Trophy Shelf

Every follower of Christ has an invisible trophy shelf. It's a reality of living out the plans and purposes of God on earth. Some people have shelves that are full and others that are empty. These shelves will be visible when we arrive in Heaven.

I have a hard time earning trophies for my invisible shelf in Heaven and an easier time filling up my visible shelf on earth. Working for tangible awards is addictive whereas working for crowns of righteousness that are not on the shelf in my apartment are less habit forming.

I tend to work hard to impress people. God's not pleased by the amount of people that I impress but by the impression I leave on people for the Gospel. It's times to flip the switch and work to please God and fill my invisible trophy case in Heaven.

Don't live another day without filling your invisible trophy case in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment