Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Discipleship Dare Day #14 - Only God

When we are satisfied by God first and foremost, then to find satisfaction in others things is in kosher. Pursuing satisfaction in other things before God and his righteousness is dangerous. Satisfaction is others things creates an allusion. It never is the real thing.

Only God satisfies the hunger for more. The human heart is designed to hunger and thirst for more, but its what we hunger and thirst for that defines who we are. I am hungry for more of God today. I am a little more hungrier for God today than I was yesterday, but not as hungry as I will be tomorrow.

"Lord, satisfy the hunger for more in my soul today like never before. Let it set me on fire so that others would come from miles around to see me burn for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment