Monday, January 11, 2010

The Discipleship Dare Day #11 - Fall Forward

To have hope in painful and difficult situations is a trademark of Jesus' followers. It sets the Christian apart from the Atheist. It is one of those things Jesus' followers can demonstrate in the world that points to the existence of God without saying a word. It takes something larger than yourself to have hope when something larger than yourself brings us to our knees.

Am I showing genuine hope to the world from a dependence on something larger than myself--God? Or am I showing an artificial hope to the world from a dependence on myself?

My life goal is to be a person that falls forward, not falls away from difficult situations. There is also a hurting person at the end of a difficult situation. What if every Christ follower was there to be hopeful when others were morning loss? I am in, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment