Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Discipleship Dare Day #27 - Next Generation

Teaching is not easy. If it was, everyone would do it. But if teachers of the faith don't rise to the occasion in order to pass on the precepts of Christianity to the next generation, we are only one generation away from extinction.

That thought scares me. I am committed to teaching the next generation the faith regardless how messy some one's life might be. It's the messy lives that clean up the best and end up shining the brightest.

My life was the messiest any one's can be and someone invested in me when most counted me a lost cause. For that I am friendly to the messiest situations. I want to teach people that most have counted out the teachings of Jesus.

Today I met with someone that fits the bill. His life is a mess, but I am hopeful that he will clean up and become one of the brightest lights in his sphere of influence. I will never forget the hope in his parents eyes when I volunteered to help clean up this mess.

Who have you showed hope to?

"Lord help your people see the potential in people that have messed up and need someone to instruct them based on your precepts how to climb the mountain or dig themselves out of a hole. God use me if no one else will do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment